Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Mystery

The other day I was driving behind a small white car with the license plate LVNWGOD. I quickly deciphered the personalized message - Living with God. Or maybe it was something else. Could it be Love New God? Not satisfied with that message I tried to come up with another meaning for the seven letters. In the middle of my thoughts I missed the fact that the little car had stopped to make a left hand turn. Whoa. I managed to brake and stop avoiding the accident. Living with God. Yes, that definitely was the message. I was and so was the person in the car.

I received notice this morning that a copy of The Last Voyage of the Cosmic Muffin is available through Revaluation Books located in Exeter, DEV, United Kingdom. How this came to be is a mystery to me. Why someone would buy my book for $41.68 US is a bigger mystery.

Tonight you can buy my book at Barnes and Noble in Knoxville. This may be the only time you can buy my book at this or any Barnes and Noble store. Not anticipating a huge demand for my book, I dropped three boxes into my storage unit so I won’t carry 111 extra pounds back to New York. In the vacated space in the RV I put a pile of warm clothes since I am anticipating chopping down a Christmas tree in subzero temperatures - a task that will last three hours on Christmas Eve when Robin and I will finally find the right tree moments before sundown which is about 3:30 in Northern New Hampshire. It will be in the back forty and we will have to drag it a half mile back to the car. The wind will be blowing like stink. But dang, it will be the best tree ever!

If I remember to grab a very sharp saw before begin my three day drive north…

No comments: