Sunday, December 03, 2006

Soggy

I have got to get another blog entry posted. After all, I have been in Hawaii for seven days and not written a thing. (That's a bad habit for a writer.) This afternoon I am on the road to Hana and will spend two nights there. I doubt I will have an internet connection at the cabins so posting won’t happen until I return. I should have some good snaps and stories.

So that you don’t envy me too much…I was given a Jeep Wrangler to drive from Alamo. It only took getting into the vehicle decide that I would return it the next day. The drive to my aunt and uncle’s place in Lahiana, confirmed I would return it, because I didn’t feel safe driving it. My field of view was blocked by the side mirrors—being too short. If I needed to be convinced further, the next day after a torrential rain, there was an inch of water in the passenger foot well in the front and back seat. Dad had to sit in the back seat behind me with his feet up. Don’t think I have seen that much water in a car since I left the top down on my MG Midget twenty years ago. Alamo exchanged the Jeep for an Impala.

I expected rain for the entire trip. It is that time of year in Hawaii. But it is warm.

Returning from Kahului the sky looked as if a frustrated painter couldn't decide on either the texture or the shade of blue.

No comments: