Sunday, May 04, 2008

Goat

On the way to the "other side", I stopped to take a photo of a flowering tree. The trees were behind an old lava wall so I used the telephoto lens to get draw the flowers in. Didn't get the shot I wanted and began to walk back to the car, picking my way through prickly brush, careful not to stub my toes on any rocks and cactus along the path.

And what did I find beneath a clump of dried leaves and grass?

Add another skull to the collection. I am not sure what it is. A few minutes earlier I spotted some wild goats grazing along the side of the road. The area is posted for donkeys, those wild asses that "escaped" the labor of hauling sacks of coffee beans off the mountain.

I don't think it is a donkey. Too small.

I saw a bloated dead pig after I continued down the roard toward the Saddle Road. Not a pig. Forehead not wide eough and nose is too long.

My choice is a goat. Pretty cool. It will go well in my office.

No comments: