Monday, May 12, 2008

Still Alive

I survived a bad intestinal bug to emerge a couple pounds lighter and having no desire for tea, the last thing I consumed before I went down. Definitely not the plan for the week prior to jumping the pond, a phrase I hate.

I could have been in Texas for Tina’s wedding and celebration but after spending my days exhausted – up one hour(usually spent in the bathroom)and then sleeping two – the weekend home with family was better. While they ate dump cake at 10:30 PM and chatted, I wrapped in my bathrobe sat in the corner my eyes squinting against the light. Not very social. But on Mother’s Day I woke with an appetite, the first in four days. Applesauce, toast and a banana. Yummy.

Two days before Dad, Uncle David and I head off to Europe on a seventeen day World War II tour of Europe.

No comments: