Sunday, December 28, 2008

AC Adapter

I finally had to just go with what I had. It was shortly after I burnt the last DVD movie I created that my AC adapter cord fried its brains out - yes, the new one that had arrived from Dell just five days earlier. My computer probably needed the rest. I had been feverishly using every bit of memory space in the little box. So much so, I had to take all my photos and music off the computer in order to make the DVDs for Christmas presents. Of course, that meant I could no longer make any changes to the movie and that meant this would be the time to discover I don’t know how to spell “cemetery” 75% of the time.

Oh, well. It is for posterity. Something the grand kids and great grand kids can watch and wonder who was that guy who was part of the armed forces that dragged themselves onto the Channel Beaches. Only this guy, my Dad, didn’t even get his feet wet. It wasn’t easy after that. There is still another 30 minutes to add to the production, but I'll have to do this later.

So the DVD was “finished” and my computer was dead once again. December 21, 2008.

That's why no Blogs. No photos. And after more than a week without my power cord, I still am without a computer. There is Dad’s. He is one of seven people remaining on dial up Internet, so until I get my cord which arrived at my sister’s house in New Hampshire five hours after I left for home in NY, there will be no photos of pristine blankets fluffed knee-high, feather dressed Christmas pines and boughs and crystal lined mountain tops.

Be patient. Maybe I’ll have my cord by New Year’s Eve.

The electrical outage resulted in my postponement to book reservations to Hawaii. But I called expedia.com today and booked tickets for Dad and me in January. We are flying out this year for $350 less than last year. Go figure. And it nearly reached fifty degrees in Saratoga.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, hopefully by Tuesday no later than 3pm- via USPS

Valerie Perez said...

Thanks. Energy for my computer arrived this morning.

I doubled Dad's computer memory too. It is still relatively slow, but for about $20.00 I can buy 1G and then get him on DSL. He'll be flying.