Saturday, September 30, 2006

Photographer's Log

There was a maple. It was the last week of August when I firsr saw this tree. It wore a hint of fall, brushed lightly with color, a touch of red in its high branches. It was the first color I had noticed. In the hospital I told mom about the tree. Told her fall was coming and I prayed she would be here to see it. I returned to Mystic today and took a picture of the tree. Spent the day poking around Mystic Seaport and the town of Mystic.



The Morgan:The Charles W. Morgan is the last surviving wooden whaling ship from the great days of sail. Built in 1841 in New Bedford, Mass., the Morgan had a successful 80-year whaling career. She made 37 voyages before retiring in 1921, and was preserved as an exhibit through the efforts of a number of dedicated citizens.


Snailbutton flowers: The fragrance caught my attention before I noticed the flower. I listened to others mention the scent: similar to lilac.




My favorite photo of the day.







No comments: