Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks for Many Blessings

I am thankful for many things this Thanksgiving Day.

Ten months in Florida, making new friends and reuniting with old.

Ten months of writing – discovering it comes naturally to some, and others have to work at it. Me? I struggle.

Ten months of swimming and running and kayaking and occasionally pumping up the tires on my bike and going out for a ride and a good lunch afterwards.

Ten months worshipping the Lord at First Christian Church of Tarpon Springs.

I’m thankful that I have a family that gets together for the Holidays, even if I can’t make it home for pumpkin pie and chipotle. Thanksgiving once was all about New Jersey and Grandparents. This year it is about New Jersey and Cousins.

I’m thankful for Dad’s health, his doctors and my brothers and sisters who provide support and love for each other.

I’m thankful for being debt free.

I’m thankful for God giving me to Phoenix and Diablo. That’s what I tell them all the time.

I’m thankful David keeps asking me to come back to Design Management, and for my $8.00 an hour part time job that nets me a buck fifty after I pay for gas and taxes and a latte.

I am thankful for my brains, my opportunities and my life, because I can go to Hawaii and consider buying a condo with left over change for the latte.

I’m thankful for all the blessings God has given me and my family.

No comments: