Thursday, March 20, 2008

Take That

March is known for its wind, at least that’s what the local weatherman tells me. A cold wind gusting to thirty miles per hour drove snow pellets from a pigeon gray sky. The tiny specs of snow collected on my jacket, gloves, hat and my eye lashes. By the time I got around the block, down past Hagadorn’s, I’d given up on spring. “I’ll fix ya,” I threatened the sky. "In three weeks I’ll be in Hawaii again." So there. I can hunker down, and forget about spring altogether, by the time I get back in May, it will be spring. I shuddered remembering the May my sister got married. The leaves were not on the trees yet, a very late spring.

But to show my never ending ability to adapt to the situation, I laughed this morning when I stepped outside on my way to the library and said, "It's not that cold." 28 degrees. Geez.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spring is the time of year when you finally get used to the cold of winter. I stepped out the door on Monday this week and thought how warm it was. I didn't even put my dog's jacket on him, the usually shivering Dalmation. We were both well acclimated by this week. When I got back and checked the thermometer on the birch tree out the kitchen window, it was 10 degrees!