Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Southbound

I left for Florida last Wednesday, when I left for the boat show in Philadelphia. After spending the weekend in Harrisburg with my brother, so I could see the Colts take on the Patriots on Sunday night, I headed south to Tennessee driving through heavy fog, but fortunately no ice, snow or freezing rain. I arrived at the office to camp out in the training room for a couple of days so I could get a hair cut, pick up my kayak, pay a few bills and respond to every state on the eastern seaboard about unpaid, unreported, uncollected and otherwise what they perceive as delinquent sales tax. Between the possibility of getting collared in New York for outstanding traffic violations and chased for tax evasion from Maine to Louisiana, I might give a more serious consideration to relocating to the remoter reaches of Kauai. (Okay, there is a lot of kidding here. It is up to you to figure which is jest and which is half the truth and in some cases, a complete fabrication.)

Tomorrow, I’ll slip down through Chattanooga and into Atlanta. From there, I’ll travel down to Tampa, then Sarasota, Ft. Meyers and down into the Keys. Warmth, at least for a couple of days.

No comments: