Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Darn It

It is one thing to have your portfolio and the value of your real estate investments drop. Over time, they will recover. And I have time. But when two months are spent chasing a tenant for rent and utilities and drastic measures are taken to get her attention - utilities cut off and a detention warrant is served to haul her butt into civil court – the relief of seeing a check deposited into the bank is sweet, until a few days later it bounces, just a day after the warrant was cancelled. I wonder if I got sucker written across my forehead.

The long term investments are important, but day to day living is tough when $1428.25 slips out of the account. It doesn’t matter if I had been slinging a paint brush for eight hours.

Matters like this make me wonder if I should liquidate sell the apartments, the condo, the portfolio and skip town to Micronesia. It's just a simple life I want.

No comments: