Friday, August 29, 2008

Top Choice

Even the best handicapper can slump, missing sure picks and “snakes” as one track security guard calls those ponies lurking behind the favorites and the money only to surge forward and romp home with the purse money. I’ve had a dry spell for the past few days. Fortunately, I recognized the slump and have kept my money in my pocket. It killed me after the day I hit the double and had five picks to follow up with the past two days with no winners.

When John McCain’s VP selection was rumored this morning, I knew it was time to put my money back on the table. I picked Sarah Palin two weeks ago! So I plopped six dollars across the board on Stormy Mirage in the ninth race of a twilight card and watched the pony come home.

I rarely hit the last race. And history is being made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe everyone saying "sarah who?" when i who have no tv and hardly listen to the radio knew about her. i had read articles about her and her stand up to the "bridge to nowhere" and her carrying to term a down syndrome baby - good to see someone walking the talk. for all those who say shes inexperienced - shes the only one running who has any executive experience and i would rather have a green vp than a green p.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin is a wise choice for the Republican VP nomination...she is an excellent executive and a proven no nonsense fighter of corruption. She is a person of character and common sense.