Tuesday, November 18, 2008

O'hare

And just like that 80 degrees becomes a crystal clear shattering 23 degrees. A taste of winter, with Christmas trees and all the trimmings. It actually started while I sat in the lavatory in the rear of the plane. From every crevice that wasn’t mine, poured a chill, as painful as a tourist sunburn, and as deep as the ache of flu-laden muscles. I looked in the mirror and wondered how long ago was it that my t-shirt soaked up my body’s perspiration like syrup on a pancake?

My body thinks it is the middle of the night. It is tormenting me with a series of hot flashes. Bring it on. I don’t expect it to be warm anytime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a hill over looking the valley in the shadow of Mt. Washington there are the Stumpies gathered around an open fire pit to warm your soul, and help to usher in the spirit of Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Loved your parade shots! I'd take a good fleet of cement trucks any time! In Bernalillo, NM, it was brand shiney new tricked out (including lots of chrome) gravel trucks!! Have a great time, you Perez family members! I'm off to Ohio tomorrow to see some of our family for my niece Jess' wedding. Threatens to be in a snowstorm, just like her parents (Deb and Geoff). Can't wait to get on that plane.....(not).