Monday, November 03, 2008

Three Pieces

Oh, my brain hurts. There must be something terribly wrong. Yesterday, I put the panel in the screen in upside down. Today, I attached a picture hanger on the bottom side of a frame. Man, you would think I was living in Australia or something.

I shipped a flat wall hanging from Luna House to Hawaii. The pottery arrived in three pieces. Could have been a total disaster, but the way in which it broke was interesting. I made a wooden backing and attached the pieces in a tiered fashion, instead of gluing them back together.

Fortunately, I discovered my mistake before I glued the ceramic to the wooden frame. Otherwise, I don’t know how I would have been able to hang it because to attach the hanger as an afterthought would have been impossible.

God, this is boring. I better stop to see what else I am writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks awesome - if i do say so myself!
was at the polling place at 6:5am - was the 54th person to have my ballot scanned.
we're screwed.

Valerie Perez said...

Woke up this morning and it was still hanging on the wall. Elmer's! I'll take it down before I leave just in case we have an earthquake. I think it looks like a morey eel lurking in the seagrass.

It's a freaking holiday here in Hawaii! Go figure. Vote two weeks early and then on Election Day, hit the surf, broh.