Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Continue

Lord, I have been blessed with an opportunity to not only to do your work, but to recognize that you have given me gifts to be able do your work. Forgive me for forgetting this. When I forget and feel that this entire road trip has been a failure, I will receive an email from someone I don’t know who has been quietly following my journey reading my blog. Unknowingly I shared a bit of me, a story, or a place I visited with someone who has laughed, or was moved in some way through my pictures or words.

I don’t expect to change the world, or influence thousands, or inspire a following in the name of some cause. Nor do I expect to make much of a living at writing. But some where deep inside me I believe this is what I am suppose to do. And if someone experiences a world that otherwise would have been unknown, then I have done what I was suppose to do.

Lord, help me remember that. Bless those who remind me of this.

No comments: