Thursday, October 26, 2006

Time In Between

It has been over a year since I have stood outside to look at the night sky.

12: 37 a.m.

Orion rose in the east just over the dunes. It was too darn cold for me to venture over the sand swept landscape to get a better view, get away from the lights in the campground. I put a sweatshirt on and stood shivering outside the RV in my pajamas. I was careful not to venture too far away from the RV, afraid I would have to spend the rest of the night pulling sand burrs out of my socks. Directly overhead the Milky Way’s cloudy haze faintly stained the midnight sky. I could not find Ursa Major or Ursa Minor, but I think I saw Draco, the dragon twists its snake like body past Ursa Minor. Maybe it was too late to see the long tail bears.

The wind is suppose to die down tonight. Maybe, I’ll venture beyond the concrete RV pad after midnight to see more sky.

Find your night time sky at Learn What’s Up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Valerie, How is the trek and book sales going? By now I imagine that the kitties are allowing you to live in your own camper! How is Dad doing? Did you make it back to Saratoga Springs for Thanksgiving? I still have to get the review off to
Amozan...will do before the holidays...Hope all is well.
Cousin Rich