Monday, February 04, 2008

By the Numbers

Packed and on the road by 3:39 AM.

First stop Exit 1 in Georgia.

Almost 7AM and the sun isn't up yet.

Gas $2.89. Cheapest is $2.75 in North Georgia. Crap, my tank is full.

400 miles by 10:39AM. Making good time.

Exit 378, I realized how much I am going to miss Bob.

12:05PM. Relay message that the carpet cleaners are going to be 30 minutes late. I'm north of Atlanta.

1.75 inches of rain in Knoxville. What drought? Drive through Knoxville with one eye closed. Too scary! Slow down to 35 MPH.

5 car pile up on I-40 going east. Its happens behind me.

4:25PM Two good cats sitting on the double beds in the Comfort Suites, Morristown, Tennessee. They got this routine down.

Realize I have less than four hundred dollars worth of crap in the U-Haul, if you don't count my bike. Cost $403 plus tax to rent the damn thing. Should have put the bike on the roof and left the chair by the side of the road.

No comments: