Monday, April 14, 2008

It's Monday

Day break brought a flood of sunlight through a little tiny crack in the clouds above the shoulder of the mountain. It fell onto the trees and foggy shadows tumbled down the slope. I wondered if the crew in the traditional outrigger saw the same beauty or did their rhythmic paddling capture their focus.

For the past three days since arriving I have fought a migraine that wouldn’t circum to medication. With only two more pills left, I worried if I could get the prescription refilled, but woke this morning pain free. Slept halfway descent too, only waking three times, verses the normal dozen or so.

The plan was to begin writing this morning after my run. My desk won't be in for another couple of weeks so,I called the library to check on the hours. Closed on Monday and most other days they don’t open until 11 AM. Close 5 PM. So I found a corner seat in Lava Java with a receptacle. This was the first attempt at writing in chaos. I prefer quiet solitude. Here sound hummed all around me. “Keep the change”, the rattle of dishes, conversations between customers and staff, a jazzy-blue music and the hum of a cooler containing Fuze. And the tiny corner filled with other computer users who came to suck down free Wifi. It became a little too crowded.

But the lattes are hot. I’ll just see what happens.

No comments: