Friday, March 20, 2009

Moths

Blow this guy up. Found him on my lanai this morning. About three inches in wing span. He stayed until a gecko decided to try his luck at nabbing a huge meal. The gecko went home without filling his belly.

My other morning visitor was a cockroach. The large land lobster hid his ugly body on my seat cushion. Nearly spilled my morning mocha when he jumped out into the open. I cussed up a storm, reminding me of my Micronesia experiences with these vermin. Except my mother didn't come running to save me. Shit, I don't even have any Raid. I'm sure the neighbors heard my commotions.

By the time I found a magazine to clobber the roach, it has scurried to safety.


Black Witch
Ascalapha odorata (Linnaeus, 1758): http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/species?l=4820

No comments: