Tuesday, March 10, 2009

PhotoLog

After several days of rain and rather cool weather I solved the problem by purchasing a long sleeved t-shirt. The sun came out this morning and I was able to dry my towels on clothes rack set up in the sun. By noon, typical mountain clouds and haze moved in to keep temperatures to a comfortable low 80's. If this keeps up for a week, I might start venturing to the pool and to the Keauhou Canoe Club.

I rode my bike past the pool this morning and watched a class of ladies exercising in the deep end. A few lanes were open at 10 AM. I had been to Office Max to get my cable. No sign of Jack. The cable was almost as expensive as my printer. Yikes.

When I got home, I fired up the blender and made a mocha-banana smoothie. After downing that I was freezing. I know, what a wuss.

These photos were taken near the top of Hualalai, one of five above the waterline volcanos that make up the Big Island. Two others are submerged: one active and one extinct. Hualalai's an active one, but hasn't erupted since 1800-01. We all feel lucky as this one is heavily populated with Kona.

No comments: