Friday, January 18, 2008

Cha-ching!

I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch, but the blessings are already rolling in. Client called today and asked for outplacement for fifty-five people in New Orleans. That should bring a cash infusion to the tune of nearly seven grand after taxes, expenses and tithe.

But the blessings are just beginning. For the past two years I have had a tear in my fabric of my soul that I couldn’t mend. The relationship ended badly. We were not meant for each other and abruptly ended our contact on some ugly terms. It has bugged the shit out of me for all these months. I’ve regretted it. I have forgiven him, but that was only half the equation. I needed to ask for his forgiveness. It wouldn't matter if he gave it. I just had to ask. I prayed for the opportunity, but had little faith I would ever have the chance.

Last Sunday, I asked God to get him out of my head. My friend Rob once told me you had to be careful for what you pray for. Out of the blue on Monday I sat staring at my email in box, afraid to open an email from him. Contained within, blessing number two. I asked. He forgave.

My heart filled to the brim with healing. I’m on the mend. And God works in amazing and unexplainable ways.

Woohoo.

Oh yeah, the two tenants who had not paid their rent, ponied up today. I was down to my last two hundred with thirteen days of the month left!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valerie...

You got your mojo work'n...you got your mojo work'n! Good things happen to good people!