Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sailing Part II

There were a few white caps on the bay and occasionally enough breeze to cause me to ask the captain if he was scared. I was when I had the helm and the tiny boat keeled over enough to bring a bit of water onto the deck. If he had the helm, I wasn’t afraid. I just didn’t want to be the one to tip the boat over. Water temperatures are now 59 degrees. Too damn cold for an accident and I happened to carry my wallet in my hip pocket. Wouldn’t want my proof of car insurance to get soaked.

I brought the Capt’s lady in for the second time, negotiating the canal’s channel to the dock while Captain Mike tied down the sails and secured the cover. Before reaching the dock, I cut the motor and glided the boat in for a perfect landing missing the multi-thousand dollar speed boat moored along side. “Whatever you do, don’t hit that boat.” The captain warned. No worries.




Next scheduled trip, Friday, although it is suppose to be breezy it will only be 66 degrees.

No comments: