Wednesday, April 01, 2009

It's Foolish

March sure was a long month.

I love challenges. I took up one, to see how many days I could go without spending any money. That is outside of my purchase of the local newspaper. Forget the news, it is all too depressing. I got to have the daily crossword puzzle and in the paper I get two. A deal like that along with the comics can't be passed up.

I stretched out two periods, one of five days and the other eight. It was during the eight day drought that obviously included a Sunday when I didn’t make an offering. That left me feeling kind of sucky. The next week I rounded up my cash on hand of nine dollars, took out a dollar for the Sunday paper and tossed the remainder in the basket. Didn’t feel quite so bad that Sunday.

On Monday I fished spare change out of the recesses of my backpack. Easy puzzles at the beginning of the week. Can't pass'em up. Friday, I can live without, but the solutions for Thursday are in Friday's paper. The dilemmas life throws in my face are unbelievable.

Putting together the financial damages for last month I concluded I broke even after paying HI property tax. I just pray that nothing breaks. The unexpected expenses. You know. When your back’s against the wall, that is when Murphy decides to move in, bringing his law of "when things can go wrong, things will go wrong." I dodged him last month, but that reminds me. The electrician who did some repairs on the apartments in Knoxville has yet to send a bill.

Anyway, I should be able to catch up on my two bills for the month: medical deductible and stupid property insurance for the Knoxville apartments. I don’t understand why it is so much. I’m not in a flood zone or a bad neighborhood. I got a fire hydrant down the street. There is no recent history of tornadic activities in Knoxville (it is the valley verses plateau thing). Must be those tenants.

The next two weeks will be hell as I scramble to liquidate HUGE funds for the IRS by April 15. Seems I can’t make the deadline, so I’ll have issues. What else is new?

I’m writing! That’s good news.

No comments: