Wednesday, April 15, 2009

World by Design

I found out that my church has been passing around my book. A couple of years ago I gave the book to the realtor/agent who rented to me the condo where I wrote The Last Voyage of the Cosmic Muffin. In turn, she gave the book to Sue. Sue goes to Livingstones Church, which gets a rather large mention in the book. She liked what she read and shared it with other people at the church. And here I’ve assumed I had been attending incognito-like.

Tonight, I joined a community group hosted by Sue and her husband. She put two and two together. “You're the one. I read your book. I cried at the end.”

She had been praying that one day she would have the opportunity to meet me. Wow, drawn here because someone had been praying for me to be here. That was weird. Well, at least she didn’t quit her job and decide to travel around the world like one of my sister’s friends did after she read it.

No comments: