Sunday, August 12, 2007

At The Track

Offer the public a free place to sit and they will come. By the thousands.

Under shady hardwoods and tall pines surrrounding the clubhouse, a sea of red chairs dotted the terrain, appearing near picnic tables, circling the simulcast TV's, standing hotdog stands, camping under the clubhouse eves, and lining the fence at the turn to home stretch.

The spinners were out in full force to get their share of 70,000 camp style chairs. China Red. Made there too. My pick of the day, Namaste's Wish (it is Nepalese, not Chinese) finished out of the money. In fact I finished out of the money all day long. I'm in a dry spell. There have been times when all I had to do was look at a horse and the pony won. Think I am looking too hard. And Dad and I worked too hard to get seven chairs, but for three dollars a chair, one can't complain. Before we got home from the track these things were fo sale on Ebay.

I'm taking mine to the beach!

No comments: