Thursday, August 09, 2007

Yesterday

After WWII, Dad went to Mexico with his friend, Tony. With them came Tony’s family and Carmen, dad’s mom. It had been over 60 years since dad has seen Tony, who served onboard a ship in the Pacific as a plane spotter, covering 26000 miles without touching land. (Oh my head spins when I think about this.)

Here’s a snap of Lupe, Abundio, Maria (who gave me this photo), and Mathilda de la Torre and Carmen, my grandmother sitting along the roadside, having a picnic in 1946.

I have never seen this photo. Dad (Manuel Luna Perez) is nineteen, standing in the middle. Ralph is 10 and on the right is Joseph (Pep). My grandmother Carmen is 40 and my grandfather Bonifacio, a zinc miner who came to the US in the early 1920’s, is 48. Cool photo, as this is the family in my book.

Now, has anyone got the photo of Mom with Grandma Perez and I think Grandpa on her wedding day. They are standing in front of the Bridge Street house? I can't find it in the house.

No comments: