Sunday, October 26, 2008

Thought Of The Week

Whenever I meet a panhandler, or see one standing at an intersection with that ubiquitous sign “homeless Vet - God Bless You” I rarely give any money. If I got it, I’ll give them food. Why is that? The handout will be used for a specific purpose. I control what I give so the donation is not unwisely used. Alcohol or drugs come to mind.

One would think if you had the gall to ask for $700 billion under the pretense of saving the economy from epic disaster that you would have a concrete plan, beside given tax breaks to wooden arrow makers. And if you had to have the $700 billion by "the end of the week" to divert such a disaster, one would think that three weeks later some money would have been “spent”.

Nope. To date, nothing spent. The original plan was to buy toxic mortgages, but then the plan changed to buy stock in banks. And now we find out that those banks may 1. sit on the money or 2. pay out bonuses or 3. buy other banks.

Brother, can you give me a plan or shoot me with a wooden arrow?

No comments: