Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Gloucester

Author Sails into town for Sidewalk Bazaar: A nice little article on the front page of the Gloucester Daily Times by Danielle Clark announced my arrival into town, the book signing and the sidewalk bazaar.

America’s Oldest Seaport. Perfect Storm Port. Or how about the place of excessive heat and humidity, temperatures in the upper nineties? Sure the rest of the northeast is suffering beneath this oppressive wave of heat. I would love to poke about town, spend sometime down at the harbor, take in the few tourist treats-like whale watching- but I can not park the camper in the sun for a few hours. The cats would fry their brains out.

When I returned to the Cape Ann Campground after delivering eleven books to Bookends, Phoenix was panting. Fortunately, I am tucked between trees at the top of the hill, so it is a few hundredths of a degree cooler here. I hooked up the electricity and cranked the air on. Although the cats had fresh water neither seemed interested in drinking. At noon they were sleeping in the cool air of the RV.

Tomorrow after my book signing, I may tromp around town, as it will be a few degrees cooler. I’ll leave the camper at the Cape Ann Campground and take a taxi into town. It is an expensive way to get into town, but I won’t have to worry about the heat stoking out two cats.

I should be out hustling my book. I dropped in at the Book Store and was greeted as if I was an annoying author who was pestering for a booksale. Thank you. Too hot. I can show up in a book store looking like something the cat dragged in... So, I am spending the afternoon blogging. Stay cool.

No comments: