Tuesday, August 08, 2006

RV'cape

RV Resorts – not the camping life expected. A densely populated, highly compacted RV’cape of American and Boston Redsox flags, petunias, clothes lines filled with ubiquitous beach towels, cheap patio furniture on concrete slabs covered with pine needles, mutli-colored plastic lanterns strung between scrub oaks and pines, and speed bumps every fifty feet. Reminds me of Santa Cruz, except the after age of the residents in this, let’s be honest "trailer park" is fourteen. Kids with their big helmets cocked on the back of their little heads are everywhere.

Sigh. I am afraid I am going to make a long list of book stores with little interest in my book.

I have retreated to my concrete pad, weathered gray picnic table, the sounds of the wind in the pine needles above me and a tantrum throwing baby across the street. Rejection from the Hyannis Farmer’s Market, a non-existing Chatham market and no word from the Cape Cod Times or the Cape Codder. Maybe, I’ll lounge by the pool tomorrow after I try to crash the Hyannis Farmers Market. Will they arrest me? Now the headlines might stir interest in The Last Voyage of the Cosmic Muffin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valerie:

I am following your travels with a subscription to Beyond the Sail. I didn't desert you.

Wish you could have made it to N.O. area, but I am glad you started the tour anyway.

You are gutsy and an inspiration to any woman who has wanted to pick up and go and never has.

Keep the Faith! Looks like you are doing fine.

Take care,


Susan
Destrehan, LA

Valerie Perez said...

Thank you Susan. If I can't make something happen in the Carolinas I just might add Louisiana to the tour. Stay tune.