Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rabbits in South Dennis

The Hyannis Farmers Market in Harwich must have been invisible. I could not find it. And I stubbornly wasn’t going to ask anyone. After all, while every little town and hamlet on the Cape has a “Main Street,” how hard can it be to find a farmers market on Main? Apparently as hard as finding a 1000 pound Tuna in the Cape Cod Canal or a rabbit out of a hat?

So I decided to go to the beach, except I discovered upon arrival that it cost $15. Knowing I would not stay but a hour or two, I elected to take a short hike along a tidal flat, but not before checking out a state camping ground, where I was told I could return to tomorrow to see if I could get a campsite.

I almost stepped on two baby bunnies while I picked my way along the path covered with poison ivy. I have never had poison ivy, and know that as much time as I have spent in the woods during my lifetime, I have been exposed to it. Nevertheless, since the day was going kind-of crappy, I thought it was wise not to plow through it.


More rejection from a book store. This one, from a store in Beaufort. I looked at the southern list of bookstores today. It is looking bleak. Next week I should start trying to arrange the south part of my tour.

I was invited to two farmers markets. My luck they are on the same day! So I will chose to be in New Bedford this Saturday, as the other one is in Falmouth and my luck on the Cape has been slim.

Have plans to make nine phone calls and visit two bookstores tomorrow before heading west to prepare to leave Cape Cod ahead of the weekend traffic.

No comments: