Saturday, December 22, 2007

65,000,000

That's the number of years ago when the dinosaurs got wiped out by a meteor.

67,000,000 is the number of people hitting the road and skies this weekend, breaking away for Christmas cheer. It was also the same number of shoeless people standing in line with me this morning as we waited to pass through airport security.

I came through the Tampa airport two weeks ago on my way to Hawaii and walked right through the army of transportation security agents. This morning, I waited and when it was my turn to receive the shakedown, the TSA agent asked me to step inside a little booth that puffed me with air. I don’t know what it did, but it managed to dust off some cat hair. When the machine finished farting on me, I waited and waited and waited some more for the door to open. A wheel-chair bound passenger had been rolled up to the exit door and it wouldn’t open, sensing the obstruction.

Once they got her out of the way, the doors flung open and I grabbed my boots, computer, and backpack and was on my way to Albany, New York via my least favorite city, Newark, New Jersey. Weather is dreary and delays are increasing, so will see if I get out of here on time. Presently announcing 1 hour delays.

I am sitting next to a girl who is on the phone to someone explaining a mishap she had this morning. She fell asleep at the gate and missed her plane! Unbelievable. I wish I could sleep like that! Ah, to be twenty something and stupid.

Got two hours to wait (if I am lucky)...just chilling and reinforcing the fact that I OWN A PLACE IN HAWAII. You see, Newark is GOOD for something!

No comments: