Sunday, December 09, 2007

Decisions

I’m sitting on a decision. Two options, very different from the other. One is the easy route and the other - not so much. And you know me. I’m leaning toward the Robert Frost’s choice, the one less traveled.

I planned to meet with my real estate agent this late morning after church to work up an offer. We talked over the pros and cons for both condos. The price, the location..., condition, amenities, resale, age, square footage etc… the usual elements to consider in a real estate transaction. And the unusual stuff: storage for my bike, pets, inspiration for writing (a Hawaiian feeling). And questions like: can I ride my bike home from the grocery store with a gallon of ice cream in my back pack before it melts or can I walk to the waterfront and town no matter what time of day? In other words, can I live without a car?

My heart goes to Malia Kai, my brain goes to Alii Lani. It’s not a business decision, it is a long term emotional one. Other wise, I’d know what to do. With Malia Kai, a complete remodel is needed. Alii Lani, is in mint condition. That is a huge difference.

I thought about last year. Where was I going to live? I asked God for some guidance, and I ended up in Florida - a great condo, good friends, church and fellow writers. I had faith and quit resisting common sense which said I should be back to Tennessee to take care of business. I have to stop asking questions and listen. After all, I am blessed to have the decision.

People are asking when I am moving. Not too soon. But I'm preparing. The question is am I coming with the toothbrush or the hammer.

No comments: