Monday, December 17, 2007

Cold Cash

I went outside to I plug in the Christmas lights. I didn’t have to chip away the ice or brush off the snow from the four little snowmen lights that line the canal outside my door. But when I uncoiled the extension cord it was a bit stiff. I know it doesn’t get this cold in Hawaii. (Okay, so there was 10 feet of snow on the mountains, but that is not where I’d live.)

I wore a jacket and gloves to work this morning. It was 34 degrees. Heat is on in the condo.

Everything is in motion. Hawaii condo deal was struck on Saturday, but the owner got so emotionally upset she requested that my agent deal directly with her husband from this point on. The seller is a real estate agent! No, I didn’t play that hard, but I hung firm to my price and date. Just goes to show the tangle of emotions real estate can twist when its a buyers market. Knowing there wasn't another offer coming before the end of the year that could bet my offer I was ready to fold if they didn't take it. They did.

I won’t deny I got my own set of emotions to deal with. Taking a chunk of change out of my lifetime accrued piggy bank has twisted my guts up. Still, every time I go to my part time job, I secretly chuckle to myself. This morning I was counting imported sea shells, of all things, at Surf City in St. Pete, Florida. Do tourists really buy these things?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most can only dream to be as poor as you.