Monday, December 03, 2007

Packed

This morning, while stretched out on the chiropractor’s table, I fell asleep with a warm hot pack on my back. Later, while sitting under the hair dryer in the local salon, I took another doze. I had stayed up to see Hawaii defeat Washington the other night and it caught up to me.

Since I am headed to Hawaii in the morning, I tried to get into the Aloha Spirit and the six hour different time zone. When I finally went to bed at 2 AM, I doubted Hawaii would remain undefeated. Under a deluge, they pulled it off. I knew Mike was in the stands, getting drenched, but having the time of his life.

The Warriors are coming to the Sugar Bowl. I got my only connection to the game checking on tickets. It’s a long shot.

Suitcase is packed, slightly empty. Leaving room for Kona Coffee.

This trip is all business and I’m nervous.

No comments: