Thursday, December 13, 2007

Last Leg

I know the red-eye from Honolulu to Newark use to leave earlier in the evening than 10:45, because I remember arriving in New Jersey as the sun rose over the tarmac. I'd watch the employees loading and unloading luggage and wondered how in God's name anyone could live in New Jersey. But ever since I was a little kid visiting Grandparents in New Jersey I asked that question, and my Grandparents lived in Sussex County, hardly Newark. There is something about New Jersey after spending time in Hawaii that is just darn, flat out depressing, especially on a cold winter's day.

Newark was overcast, but not too cold when I arrived about 1PM. I grabbed a Duncan Donut decaf, although I could have used a good shot of caffeine. Swear, no sleep on either flight, but there were times I must have dozed. I didn’t recall the guy next to me getting his laptop out, or seeing the end of Ratatouille (A good move, but any movie is destroyed (primarily due to sound) when you watch it on a plane, and airlines tend to show the worst movies ever and this time of year they show the worst Christmas movies ever.)

Anyway, I must have been sleeping when the beverage cart rolled by. When I got up to hit the head (they must have installed a new vacuum system in the bathroom because when I let the sink water out after washing my hands, the cabin door nearly came off the hinge.) I asked flight attendant for a coke. She asked what seat I was in. Was that to be sure I had not already gotten a beverage and only one per passenger is allowed? Airlines are not making any money? I logged 8000 miles and didn’t get a single peanut.

Arrived home safely, but tired and hungry. The cats are sticking to me like glue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good kitties!

Valerie Perez said...

Oh, they got into the hot chocolate that was on top of the refrigerator. Bad kitties